Adjustment

チマチマとパーツを交換したりハンドルやシートポジションを変えたりしている。クロスバイクでよくあるブルホーンハンドルにも興味がある。この写真を撮った時よりも現在はステム角度を下げ、シートポストも若干上げた。

この自転車を買う前に80年代のビンテージロードバイクを購入しようと思っていたが、タイミングが合わず見逃していた。そんな中でであったこの自転車、乗っているうちにどんどん愛着が増してきた。これも出会いなんだろうと思う。

現在は前のオーナーが履いてた28Cのタイヤをそのまま履いているが、もう少し太い32Cを履きたいと思っている。その理由はグラベルが多い環境なので、そちらも楽しみたいからだ。最近の傾向では更に太いタイヤを履くグラベルバイクが一般的だけど、昔日本で乗っていたロードバイクが25Cだったから28Cでも太く感じた私には32Cは結構太い(笑)

Compared to when I took this photo, I’ve now lowered the stem angle and raised the seat post slightly. I’ve been gradually swapping out parts and adjusting the handlebars and seat position. I'm also interested in the bullhorn handlebars commonly found on hybrid bikes.

Before buying this bike, I’d been thinking of purchasing a vintage road bike from the ’80s, but the timing didn’t work out and I missed my chance. Then I came across this bike, and the more I ride it, the more attached I’ve become to it. I suppose this is just one of those serendipitous encounters.

I’m currently riding with 28C tires from previous owner, but I’d like to switch to slightly wider 32C tires. The reason is that there’s a lot of gravel in this country, and I want to enjoy riding on it too. While it’s become common these days for gravel bikes to use even wider tires, I used to ride a 25C road bike in Japan, so even 28C felt wide to me and 32C seems pretty wide .


30年前に日本から持ってきたアラヤMTBは元々2.25"(現在は1.75")だったから当時としてはかなり太く、今思うと先を行っていたのかな?(笑)

The Araya MTB I brought from Japan 30 years ago originally had 2.25" tires (now 1.75"), which were pretty wide for that time—looking back, maybe it was ahead of its time? 😄


Comments

Popular Posts