またご近所さんから/ From a neighbor again

 


買ってしまいました。激安で。偶然にもまたまたご近所さんからです。

言い訳 :青い自転車Corridaを買ったのは偶発的だったのです。昔日本でパナソニックのロードを乗っていてまた乗りたくなっていて個人売買でビンテージロード(ツーリング)を見てはいたのでした。そんな時に何週間も売れ残っていた2000年代初頭のロード自転車のCorridaが気になっていたのです。こちらは2000年代らしくアルミフレームですが、IBEXと言う会社を知っていたので(現在のIBEXとは全く関係ない)何週間も売れてないCorridaを見てみたくなり(ご近所さんだったし)連絡をしたのでした。その後の展開は以前の日記に書いてますので割愛させて頂きます。(笑)

I ended up buying it. For a bargain price. As luck would have it, it was from a neighbor again.

Excuse : Buying the blue bike  Corrida was a spur of the moment decision. I used to ride a Panasonic road bike in Japan a long time ago, and I’d been wanting to ride one again, so I’d been looking at vintage road (touring) bikes for sale by private sellers.

Around that time, I’d been keeping an eye on a Corrida road bike from the early 2000s that had been sitting on the market for weeks. It has an aluminum frame, typical of bikes from that era, but since I knows little bit with a company called IBEX (which has absolutely nothing to do with the current IBEX), I wanted to check out this Corrida that hadn’t sold for weeks (especially since the seller was a neighbor), so I got in touch. I’ve written about what happened next in a previous diary entry, so I’ll skip the details here. 😅

さて本題です。(笑) この自転車は昔北米でも展開されていたKAWAMURA(川村産業株式会社)の姉弟的存在のNISHIKIであります。如何にも日本・JAPANをイメージさせる名前で、まるでお米の「国宝ローズ」のようですが(笑)、北米の自転車乗りの方々には知られている存在。そのNISHIKIのツーリングモデルに出会えたのです。しかも激安で、主要機関は良好状態で、そしてご近所さんです。「これは見るしかない!」と私はすぐ売り主に連絡し、仕事後に見に行きあれこれチェックし購入に至ったのでありました。

またプロジェクト(楽しい)が増えました。(笑)  勿論、コリーダも大変気に入ってます。サドルも新調致しました。

Now, let’s get down to business. (lol) This bike is a NISHIKI—the sister brand of KAWAMURA (Kawamura Industries Co., Ltd.), which used to be sold in North America as well. It’s a name that really evokes the image of Japan and has a distinct Showa-era feel to it it’s almost like the “National Treasure Rose” brand of rice (lol) and it’s well-known among cyclists in North America. 

I happened to come across one of NISHIKI’s touring models. What’s more, it was a steal, the major components were in good condition, and the seller lived right in my neighborhood. “I just have to see this!” I thought, so I immediately contacted the seller, went to check it out after work, inspected it thoroughly, and ended up buying it.

I've got another (fun) project to work on.😆 Of course, I really love the Corrida, too. I even got a new saddle...



Comments

Popular Posts