Many ways to enjoy it / 楽しみ方いろいろ

 

I love bicycles, but I don’t know much about them.

This Nishiki Riviera GT was the touring model I’d been looking for, but I didn’t know the specifics about it. It’s made in Japan, but I think it was probably sold only in North America. I did a little research online, but there was no information from Japan only from North America. Well, I suppose it was sold in Japan under a different manufacturer’s name or model name as an OEM product, though...

However, what I did learn from that research by comparing photos of the same model online (Bike Forums) is that my Riviera GT is in almost original condition.🤩  Setting aside whether it’s “usable” or not, as someone who loves vintage items, this makes me very happy.

I’m sure some of you fellow enthusiasts will understand. 😁

自転車は大好きだけど大した知識は持っていない。

このNishiki Riviera GT は私が探していたツーリングモデルではあったが、この自転車の詳細は知らなかった。この自転車は日本製だけど北米のみ販売されていたと思われる。ネットで少し調べていたが日本からの情報はなく、北米からの情報ばかりだった。まあ、日本ではOEMで別のメーカーやモデル名で販売されていたとは思うけど・・・

でもその中で分かってきた事は、ネットに出てくる同車種の写真(Bike Forums)を参照していて、私のRiviera GTはほぼオリジナル状態だと言う事で、” 使える使えない ” は別として古いものが好きな者として、これはとても嬉しいことである。

きっとご理解頂けるご同輩もいるだろう。(笑)

The year 1985, when this Nishiki Riviera GT was manufactured, was also a turning point in my life, so it gives me a lot to think about.

Back then, I had moved on from bicycles and was completely obsessed with motorcycles. The bikes I rode back then command such high prices today that it’s surprising. But it’s true that motorcycles (and bicycles, for that matter) from that era were incredibly appealing, so it’s only natural that they’ve become popular with young people today...

このNishikiが製造された1985年は、私にとって転機となる年でもあったので色々と考え深い。当時の私は自転車は卒業してオートバイに夢中であった。当時乗っていたオートバイ達は現在ではプレミアム価格で驚く。でも確かに当時のオートバイ(自転車も)はとても魅力があるので、現代の若者にも人気が出るのは必然か・・・



I've been working on it little by little after work. I ordered the handlebar tape.😅

仕事後に少しずつ整備をしている。ハンドルバーのテープは、オーダーしました。😅

Comments

Popular Posts