Movie Props ? / 小道具だった?

 

映画制作の仕事をされている方から購入したこの Riviera GT(自転車)は、ほぼ購入当時のままの状態を保っており、ひび割れもなく今でも乗れそうな古いIRC製のタイヤが装着されていることから、「もしかすると映画やテレビドラマの小道具だったのではないか?」と思い始めました。

そのIRCのタイヤについて調べてみたのですが、おそらく古すぎる(41年もの)せいなのか、ネットで検索してもそのブランド(モデル)に関する検索結果は IRCのオートバイ用タイヤばかりでした(笑)。自転車マニアの方にこの件について聞いてみたいものです。

I bought this “Riviera GT” (bicycle) from someone who works in film production. It’s probably in almost the same condition as when it was first purchased, and since it’s fitted with old IRC tires that show no cracks and still look rideable, I started to wonder, “ Could this have been a prop in a movie or TV drama? ”

I looked up those IRC tires, but maybe they’re just too old (41 years old) when I searched online, the only results for that brand were motorcycle tires. 😅  I’d love to ask a bike enthusiast about this.


インナーチューブのバルブ周辺は少し汚れていて、ヴィンテージ感があります 😅 でも、空気を注入してから約1週間以上経っても、空気圧は落ちていません。昨夜、試しに走ってみましたが依然として空気はしっかり保たれています。私のアラヤのMTBでも、30年前のIRC製インナーチューブは今でも問題なく使えます。さすが日本製品の品質です。 👍

この自転車の売主は何台も自転車を売っているようですが、この自転車について質問した時の回答は少し曖昧で、メンテナンスもあまりされていなかったことから、このRivieraは実際には乗られていなかったのではないかという気がしました…そのような事から売主は自転車愛好家だとは考えず、仕事でもう必要なくなった小道具を処分しているのではないか、と勝手に推測しています。

とはいえ、真実はそれほど重要ではありません。Rivieraは多少の傷があり古くはありますが、日光や雨や風にあまりさらされておらず、この自転車が予想以上にオリジナルの状態を保っていることに、実はとても満足しているこのオヤジです。😊

The inner tube is a bit dirty around the valve it definitely looks vintage 😅  but even after about over week since I pumped it up, the air pressure hasn’t dropped. I took it for a test ride last night, and it’s still holding its air just fine. Even on my Araya MTB, the 30-year old IRC inner tube is still usable. That’s the quality of Japanese-made products for you 👍

The seller of this bicycle seems to sell a lot of bikes, but their answers when I asked about this one were a bit vague, and it didn't seem to have been maintained very well, so I got the feeling that this Riviera wasn't actually ridden... For these reasons, I don't think the seller is a cycling enthusiast, but rather I'm guessing they're just getting rid of some props they no longer need for work. 

However, the truth isn't all that important for me. The Riviera is old and has some scratches, but it hasn't been exposed to much sunlight or rain, and I'm actually very pleased that the bike is in better original condition than I expected.😊

Comments

Popular Posts