August Bike Ride / 8月ライド

 

Time sure flies, it’s already August again this year. Around this time of year, I always go for an early morning bike ride.

Since I’ve mostly finished maintaining my Nishiki, I gave the bike a good cleaning and took it out for a ride to my usual provincial park early this morning. I also love hiking and fishing, so I feel very lucky to live right next to the provincial park. Because of the nature of my job, I can’t take long vacations like I used to when I was working for a company, so I often go to the provincial park after work on weekdays or on weekends.

早いもので今年ももう8月となった。この時期は、いつも早朝サイクリングをしている。

Nishikiのメンテナンスも大体終わったので、車体も綺麗にしてあげて早朝にいつもの州立公園までサイクリングをしてきた。私はハイキングや釣りも大好きなので、州立公園の隣に暮らしているのでとても幸せだ。仕事柄、勤めていた頃のように長期休暇が取れないので、平日の仕事後や週末に州立公園にはよく行くのである。


I’m planning to go on a bike camping trip this fall, even if it’s just for a few days. There are many islands along the West Coast of Canada and the United States, where I live, and lots of cyclists visit them. I used to live in a town on Vancouver Island for about three and a half years, and I had such a fulfilling time there that I still miss life on that island.

秋にほんの数日間だけど自転車キャンプに行こうと思っている。私の暮らすカナダ・アメリカの西海岸には沢山の島々があり、そこには多くのサイクリストも行くのです。私も以前は、バンクーバー島の町に3年半程暮らしていて、とても有意義な時間を過ごさせて頂き今でもあの島の暮らしが恋しいのです。


Since this Nishiki is a touring bike, I’m sure it would have been happy to ride through a place like this, wouldn’t it? 😊

このNishikiもツーリング自転車なので、このような所を走ってきっと喜んでくれたのではないだろうか?(笑)




Comments

Popular Posts